Tuesday, June 22, 2010

RAISE THE ROOF!!!!


By far the most exciting part of time of the build for yours truly is the framing. It is the time when you finally get to have a sense of the spatial dimensions of the space that has been developed on paper during the design process. No matter how many times I see it it still just puts a smile on my face. In fact, as a young child, we had a stick and frame climbing house in my back yard. So I'm certain that my proclivity to the framed home must be due to some nostalic underpinning from my subconscience.

What also amazes me is how incredibly fast houses can be framed. Most of my clients say the same thing. Suddenly there is a house, or at least the beginnings of a house, that they can physically walk through. Folks are all smiles.


Framing, depending on the size and configuration of the home can take anywhere from a week to ten days, again barring that the weather is good. We, that is Chris, Erik and Kelly keep a pretty tight construction schedule. Our summer builds take 90 days from time of frame and our winter builds are 120. Coolman carries the construction loan for the home. We guarantee our build times and (cross your fingers) we have never gone over our delivery date that we set on our purchase agreements. If we do then we pay you per day until we get 'er done. Like I said, we haven't had to do that in our 54 year history.

The walls and interiors are framed first and then the pre-fabricated, enginereed, kiln dried roof trusses are set. Plywood sheeting forms the outershell and the walls are Tyvecked for weatherproofing.










1 comment:

  1. I toured the new model, recently completed 2 bedroom ranch, with the mayor today and was very impressed with not only the home but the value in price! Wow

    ReplyDelete